7 February 2015

Accept Everything -Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam

"When I was a kid, my Mom cooked food for us.
One night in particular when my mom had made dinner after a long hard day's work, Mom placed a plate of subzi and extremely burnt roti in front of my Dad.
I was waiting to see if anyone noticed the burnt roti.
But Dad just ate his roti and asked me how was my day was at school.
I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember I heard Mom apologizing to Dad for the burnt roti when she noticed.
And I'll never forget what he said: "Honey, I enjoyed what you made."


Later that night, when I went to say good night to my father, I asked him if he really liked his roti burnt.
He wrapped me in his arms & said:
"Your momma put in a long hard day at work today and she was really tired.
And besides... A burnt roti never hurts anyone but unpleasant words do!"
He continued:
"You know son - life is full of imperfect things...& imperfect people...including me and we all make mistakes."


What I've learnt is :
Accept Each Others Faults and imperfections & Choose To Celebrate the Relationships we have.


"Love the people who treat you right & have compassion for the ones who don't."

-
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam

No comments:

Post a Comment