6 February 2015

Swipe machine Fraud

Yesterday I was a victim to a Credit card fraud transaction. I had the card with me but my card was physically swiped at Nagpur & Bangalore at the same time for around 90,000 rupees. Upon contacting customer care  they said this is the case of Card compromise(Cloning of the card). There  might have been a swipe transaction done by me earlier and that (fraud) swipe machine has cloned my credit card details present in the magnetic  strip. I have been using the same card for more than 5 years now. I have blocked the card permanently and customer care advised me to apply for a Chip card instead of magnetic strip one since Chip based cards are more safe & not clone-able. I just wanted to share my bad experience as  most of us do not have idea on such frauds.I suggest you to go for chip  based one for either credit or debit cards. Also I didn't had any Pin activated for my credit card as its old card. But recently I learnt that even PIN & OTP (One time password) can be  bypassed. Either way please be careful while transacting through cards.
-Experienced By
Santosh Thiruvanagiri

No comments:

Post a Comment